As part of my design development of the crocodile clip, the week was spent on solid works cadding the clip. During the start it was difficult to start of an organic shaped clip and getting familiar with the tools on the software and knowing what tool to use for each aspect.
But before I started to add the detail to the clip, I had to sketch out the dimensions, which narrowed down each part of the clip and able to complete the assembly part of the product, this idea was helpful when sketching up the model for a three dimensional look of the clip. But I did struggle assembling the clip, as some of my dimensions were slight off due to the scale of the parts on each individual document.
The pictures below are some renders of the clip, showing a clear demonstration of shots of my final solution design of redesigning the crocodile clip for Active Components. At this stage I’m still experimenting with the rendering tools on solid works and the best way to portry the final design on presentation.
Making the clip move and rotate would be the next step for me.
stage I’m still experimenting with the rendering tools on solid works and the best way to portry the final design on presentation.