- Polypropylene (PP), also known as polypropene, is a thermoplastic polymer
- Polypropylene to be used as an engineering plastic, competing with materials such as ABS.
- Polypropylene is liable to chain degradation from exposure to heat and UV radiation
- Manufacturing – Melt processing of polypropylene can be achieved via extrusion and molding.
- The most common shaping technique is injection molding
- The related techniques of blow molding and injection-stretch blow molding are also used, which involve both extrusion and molding.
- Polypropylene is recyclable and has the number “5” as its resin identification code